SimpleUsernames in BI4
If you installed SAP BO BI4 on top of a SAP BW 7.x system, users can login with their own SAP BW account. But if there are more source systems (i.e. non SAP), users need te be logon with different usernames. This is not a practical situation, also when you want to use SSO via ActiveDirectory. All these problems can be fixed by configuring SimpleUsernames.
If you want to use SSO via Active Directory and combine more source system, so users can logon with one username, you need to configure SimpleUsernames in BI4.
1. Open your windows register via Start –> Run –> type “regedit”
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Enterprise\Auth Plugins\secSAPR3
3. Modify the parameter “SimpleUsernameFormat”, change the value from “No” to “Yes”
4. Exit the register
5. Restart the SAP BO BI4 server
After restarting the BI4 server, you can change the username to your own format. The sytem- and client ID can be removed from the username. Now the user “TESTPV” can logon with one single username. In the CMC you can configure more authentication methods for this user. In the next example I’ll configure the user as Enterprise user:
2. Now click on “New Alias”
3. Select Authentication Type “Enterprise”
4. Create a new password and click “Update”
5. A new alias had been created, the user “TESTPV” can also be logon with his new Enterprise account
- Slow logon WebI Rich Client?
- Performance optimizer SAP BO Analysis
- AverageIf function in Dashboards 4.0
- How to install SAP BI4.0 incl. mobile for iPad
- Hierarchies and formatting rules
- Debugging in BI4 WebIntelligence
- Disable SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 LiveOffice plugins
- BI4 installations – Caboodle
- Custom color palette BI 4.0
- Create OpenDocument URL’s with SAP BI4.0