Use selectionscreen in Xcelsius
Since I work with Xcelsius, I learn more and more clever tricks. One of the tricks that I recently discovered is, how to use “Dynamic Visibility” for a selection screen.
By inserting a button into your dashboard, it’s possible to use the function Data Insertion. With this option you’re able to display a few components simultaneously with one mouse-click.
When you need to make selections in your dashboard, you can use the “Dynamic Visibility”.
In this example, with a click on the button “Change Selections”, a number of non visible components suddenly become visible. In this screen (like a pop-up window) you can make selections and provide an update and the content of the graphs and charts are adjusted.
In the example you’ll see how I applied this functionality for a selection screen.
A useful tip if you do not want to display visible selections in your main dashboard.
Show Example (SWF)
- Performance optimizer SAP BO Analysis
- AverageIf function in Dashboards 4.0
- How to install SAP BI4.0 incl. mobile for iPad
- Hierarchies and formatting rules
- SimpleUsernames in BI4
- Debugging in BI4 WebIntelligence
- Disable SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 LiveOffice plugins
- BI4 installations – Caboodle
- Custom color palette BI 4.0
- Create OpenDocument URL’s with SAP BI4.0