Custom color palette BI 4.0
Do you need a custom color palette for SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 WebIntelligence, Analysis or Crystal Reports? There are options available in the software to choose a custom color palette, but when you want to use your own custom color palette, it’s not possible in the frontend tooling.
In XI 3.1 we could work around that by changing the XML files so default a different color was used. In SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 the chart engine has been changed, now there is one chart engine for WebIntelligence, Analysis and Crystal Reports. So if you need a house-style for your reports, follow the next steps.
1. Your administrator needs to go to the following directory on the server side C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\images
2. Find the file there named as VisualizationConfig.template.xml
3. Rename this file to VisualizationConfig.xml
4. Then edit this file and add the color for the palette as you required (RGB colors are used)
5. Check there are no errors in the config file, otherwise the standard palette is applied – you can define only one Corporate palette, and the palette ID must not be changed
6. Finally, you need to reboot Tomcat after editing the config file.
Hope this helps to create your own color palette for WebIntelligence, Analysis or Crystal Reports.
I was able to create my own custom color palette with SAP BO BI 4.0 ServicePack 4 Patch level 4. I don’t know if earlier version are supported.